View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #377
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Holy crap, so much has been going on in the past while...havent had much of an opportunity to update this thing.

This car finally was picked up by its owner, will be coming back for some paint later this fall/winter.

Made some progress on the 1JZ FC's motor, almost ready to mate it back up to the R154 and set it int the car.

Replaced timing belt, water pump, multiple gaskets, new pulleys, and some modifications to get the twin turbo drains to work with the xcessive mounts.

Owner decided he wanted to use a different FC shell, so I have to go pick that up still. So hopefully there will be far more progress by this weekend.

For my Red FC, after putting some new premixed fuel in the tank, replaced the plugs, and fixed the incorrectly placed plug wires I was able to get fc that hasn't run since 1998 to run again. Although after about 6-10 minutes of running it wont start again. After about 3 days it will crank over again and fire up, but meets the same fate.

Will be diving into fixing this after my s14 is back up and running. But I at least orderd all these block off plates/ deletes as to rule out other issues.

As for my s14, I've still just been acquiring parts, will be redoing the fuel lines so that they run down the driver side, as well as re doing the brake lines to be cleaner and also to work with the ASD hydro. Will probably do a huge update for that stuff later this month.

And last but not least, I picked up a new daily for the summer. A 95 LS400, black on black, with working AC, should make the hour drive to work pretty tolerable.