View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #20
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Eh I stand by what I said, verified or not. That sub 100k red hatch that popped up last years was significantly cleaner than this inside and out. At 1800 miles I just don't see how the engine bay could get that dirty(that's more than just accumulated dust) and the seat looking like a 400lb person sat on it for a year straight. For the price, the guy needs to take better pictures. These are grainy and low resolution and don't offer a detailed enough of a view of the car.

Dizzariot did you verify with Jevic.com? He didn't post the vin so checking it isn't quite possible. Just putting the number in though, it says vehicle not found.
Lucky lives in WA and he's driven it to local shows. I'm sure it's rainy up there so that could possible explain the dirty engine bay.

The seat...well we all know how shitty the stock seats are. That's all I could offer for that.

As far as the mileage goes I was shown the paper via our video conference and it was understood that I would not purchase the car without all the accompanying documents. He showed them to me via video but I was going to view them in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Just seems interesting he has such emphasis on the ODO, especially knowing how easy they are to modify without leaving a trace, in such an old tired looking car. Seemed super particular about how certified it is. And who's name is "Lucky"..

Seems like a cool collector, I wouldn't want to modify it. But for that money I would rather import and R32..

Anyway, I own a Granny Seafoam 2tone 240sx (2700), so I'm satisfied with what I got. Caught my eye being the same color as my own.
Dude I'm trying to level with you but we're on different frequencies. If your mileage was that low wouldn't you focus on that as a selling point as well? I don't see why a car this clean has to have false mileage to sell...it's all OEM, factory 5-speed, and it's super clean. Lying about the mileage just seems like overkill.

You guys must be crazy. Calling this call 'old and tired' proves how jaded a lot of us have become. My '93 with sub 92,000 miles isn't a brand new car but either but it's definitely not 'old and tired' either. What's your baseline for cleanliness? This car came all the way from Japan and is 26yrs old. I'd say it's clean as fuck, all things considered.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or belittle you. Please don't think I am. I'm just trying to make sense of all of this.

Your statement about the GTR, however, is something I'm sick of seeing in FS threads. If you'd rather buy an R32 then why even look at a Silvia. That's like corbic saying he can buy a Mustang for the same price...I don't go to the Nissan dealership telling them I can buy an FRS for the same price as a 350Z.