View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #130
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2oD3T View Post
thx man. im not a pro, but I do have time and patient. its all about research, buying the right tools and parts and no short cut.

I was thinking to do a LS3 as well. but my skill level is not there for all the wiring mods. WS haven't made any PNP harness for that yet so I rather start with a simple LS swap for now. ideally will be LS3 with tr6060 from a newer Camaro drop out with the updated 6 speed. just most people stick with T56 for whatever reason.

engine bay heat is gonna be something I gotta tackle down right after. the design of my s15 front end doesn't allow much cool air to go in and out. this project just never ends....
Yeah, I'm not that great at wiring either. I'm trying to learn though.. but WS is working on a drive by wire harness that'll work with the LS3. They said they're looking to finish it up by the end of the year. I'd rather not try to tackle it myself, lol

Yeah the tr6060/t56 Magnum is a much better option, I think t56 is rated to 450wtq and the Magnum is 700wtq.

you could probably just use a vented hood, and a twin fan setup that kicks on at 205 or so. I don't remember if you're running a single fan. but i'll be coating everything I can and wrapping everything in exhaust tape as well, plus running an oil cooler. I've got the OEM kouki bumper and I'm worried about heat too. the car has a horrible carbon fiber vented hood on it but if it works, i'll just get one that actually fits better and run it that way. Interested to see how the gold reflective tape works too, I hear it works great
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote