View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 06:50 AM   #36
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
So I apologize in advance for the cell phone pics, but I forgot to take some with my DLSR along the way.

Anyways I had my girlfriend come over last night and keep me company while I worked away on the block, I got the head installed and the timing set. The motor thankfully turned over easily and no guides shot out at me. My rockers are all also wearing evenly on to my camshafts. Now I just need to clean the outside of my front cover because it looks horrible and install my timing tensioner then the rotating bits will be finished and I can seal everything up.

Also since I'm sure people will assume I just threw my old used pump back in, I didn't. I fully disassembled it and cleaned it with carb cleaner, I reassembled all of the bits making sure to pack it with a low temp grease and I also shimmed my pump by 2mm since this is a "loose" motor. I really wish I could've gotten the outside clean before installing it but you know how it is when you decide to start working on things before you realize that you don't own degreaser and brushes right? The front cover also got a new front main seal, mine never leaked, but its one of those "While you're in there" parts.

And now bad quality phone pictures!

I put the manifold on to check block clearance and this thing is big, is has long equal length runners so it'll spool a little slower, but also make a bit more torque, I'm not sure how this will work, but I'll give a more detailed review of it when I actually have the car driving.

Thank you for reading