View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #29
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol the LS hate is great. As far as breaking LS1s and Tranzillas...your friend has shit luck or has bought defective parts. Plenty of 200k+ mile setups down here taking absolute abuse. The T56 Magnum in stock form is rated at less HP/TQ capacity than the Tranzilla and has taken an RX7 into the 9's all day at 1060 rwhp. There is a Chevelle down here pushing 900+ ft/lbs. and still ticking after a year of abuse. Revving...4.8 or destroked 6.0 will have with some work will have you playing in the 8k+ RPM world no issues....more than enough for a V8.

So many variables can be the cause for the failure of 3 LS1's but I cant say I have heard of many people damaging that many motors. You do realize that most LS1's become damaged because of the weaker Gen3 designed Rods and Bolts about 70% of the time. Plenty of 700+rwhp LS1's with gapped rings, boost, and upgraded rods and/or rod bolts.

Not an LS bandwagoner but cant deny results. I can appreciate any good solid build like that M3-RB26 on this forums. Pretty much any configuration you can think of has been dropped into an S-Chassis but its hard to beat the power capacity-to-cost of the LS based builds.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote