View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 07:49 AM   #19134
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Look in the quote for answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
So I have read through the first page of the roll center adjustment thread a few times, and I feel like I sorta know what each part of the suspension arm system does, I just don't know where to begin.

Don't say "why did you buy shit you don't know how to use?" please, I am trying to get better at stuffs

here is the setup

Circuit sports suspension arm package Get these on first, making sure to lightly grease all threads and match the stock length parts as close as possible on length adjustments
Circuit sports inner and outer tie rods Put these on next, and adjust all parts so that your wheels are as close to aligned as possible
ST rear swaybar, stock front because the ST front wouldn't clear the RB oilpan BUY thee ST front bar, and fab frame plates to drop it so it clears your RB oil pan
new bushings.Since all your arms came with new bushings, install the rest of the bushing kit. IF you want to use your bushings in the new arm set, make sure they fit, and install them before installing the arms
FA 500 coils. Install at the same time as the arm set, first since you will need them installed

I took both of the subframes down on my car to put the arms and all that shit on, So I'm pretty sure the suspension is gonna be pretty misaligned.
I don't know much about suspension, and haven't really done something like this before. I really want to learn how to do all this correctly.
The best you can do by eye is get stuff aligned as close as possible, then slowly drive to your alignment shop. CALL the shops first to be sure thy are experienced in your set up. Our local Firestone alignment crew knows these aftermarket set ups and does a great job adjusting it all. LIFETIME ALIGNMENT is SO worth it!

Should I take the car to get aligned and then adjust from the alignment?
I can't take it to nissan because of the arms, and I am afraid to take it to a alignment place, because they are commonly run by dumbasses who think they expert "mechanics" Do most alignment places have experience with these type of aftermarket arms? or will they see that everything is different (no longer use the alignment bolt in rear) and freak out?

Can I align it myself? What would I need? You will need the 'string kit' that many drift race shops use
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p..._Alignment_Kit
It's pricey, but it does a kick ass job and will get you to within .5* of perfect

Sorry for the suspension noobery
We all have to begin somewhere. I am new to 240, but experienced in track applications on suspensions, frames, and proper set up from vintage racing on Mustangs, Cortina's, and Alfa 1600's. I am totally in love with teh 240 for what it is and the huge potential it has to be a great car
To fab a frame plate, simply measure the width of the frame and the length you need. Make sure you take a paper/posterboard, and MAKE A TEMPLATE of the holes. Any fab shop will have sheet steel and can cut and drill for you so long as you give them the proper dimensions and the template for the holes. I am guessing your oil pan is not interfering more than an inch so this is the best way to clear it. You don't want to lift the engine since keeping weight low is key. You will need longer sway bar bolts at this point(your fab plates). Having the front bar for the set will allow your car to be properly set up and statically tuned. The OE bar in front, and heavy bar in back will cause body roll in front, and force a understeer condition in a car you want to oversteer(back drift out, not front snowplowing in corners)

I hope I have not confused you anywhere and that you now have a better idea on what to do to make it all work