View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
P2m proprietary aluminum hose clamps now available in red finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase2 View Post
What is the size of the cast aluminum elbow? Even then, shouldn't the elbow be connected to silicone hose coupler?

It didn't work on a 3" id, 2.5" id or a 2" id elbows that I have welded to my intercooler tanks (3" cold side, 2.5" hot side), and compressor housing (2"). With the P2M black couplers on the elbows, I had to squeeze the clamp to get the bolt to reach the other side, and then the little aluminum piece that one side of the clamp is supposed to slide over wouldn't work correctly because of the pressure on it already.

These were cast elbows from China. The clamps still work where my couplers are on regular aluminum piping though. Maybe using a larger clamp would work but I haven't tried? But there isn't one larger than 3".

A quarter inch over sized would probably work. But the 3" wouldn't tighten enough on the 2.5" cast elbow+coupler. The larger outer diameter of the cast elbows kinda messed up my plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote