View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got my motor. For now its a LR4 4.8 from a silverado. iron block. Plan is build the it setup for it, get the dry sump up and fitted to it and all the quirks figured out, add a decent cam, some better flowing heads and i will also be building a 180 degree header for it as well to give it a unique sound. Should def be a unique ls swap for a 240.
untitled (25 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (12 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (26 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (27 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

After initial mockup of the motor i knew i wanted it to sit further back in it was, so i did what insane person would, i cut a giant hole in my firewall. I also removed some of the double layer metal as well, ill clean the hard glue shit up later on. Now the motor is sitting a good 2'' further back, with the center of the motor in line/slightly aft of the front strut tower center line, great for weight distribution.

untitled (16 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (6 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (14 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (9 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (10 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr
untitled (8 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (4 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

Pup decided he wanted to help today. He's not too keen on the loud noises tho lol. When i pulled the intake manifold i was created with a lovely sight. Some fabulous grimy build up in the intake ports on the heads. Good thing these will be replaced with some higher flowing units before she fires up. These will work great as mock up test fit set up tho. After the initial mockup i decided i need to trim a bit more, just to make future access a bit easier, and so i could make a slightly shallower incline once i fabb up the firewall back. Id ask accumulated a decent amount of parts I'm not going to use. Need to figure out somehting cool to make out of it all in the future.

untitled (2 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (1 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (13 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (5 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (8 of 18) by lawrx, on Flickr
laextreme5 is offline   Reply With Quote