View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #24
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Yes. I wanted one for years and finally did it, and it has been hands down the most fun modification I have ever made.

I really, really love to listen to the engine, as much as anybody else- except that I prefer to listen to what is really coming out of the engine before it goes through all the twisty turny sound-changing materials of an exhaust system.

Else, I prefer to listen to my radio, i.e. hear nothing from the engine whatsoever like the car is completely bone stock.
Both settings (loud and quiet) have diagnostic value. With an OEM noise level engine, I can hear every tick tock the engine makes to verify it's condition.
With the downpipe open I can hear the act of combustion/compression and hear all cylinders firing correctly with an even tone.

I must have my cake and eat it too!
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote