View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Just source another OEM exhaust system. The Factory exhaust on our cars is identical to the exhaust used on the JDM silvia- it will support 250rwhp with ease. Absolutely no reason to use anything but on an N/A 2.4L engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Also an excellent idea.....There is a dude selling his used S13 exhaust (supposedly 80,000 miles on it)- but it is....used.
The answer to the above is YES and NO.

Yes, technically you could just grab ANY stock S13 exhaust you find and install it, but then you are left with: a used exhaust. No glory in that, it just works. Performance and sound are, well... OE. However, you're still left with a janky 20+ year old exhaust thats mostly worn and rotten. And, heavy!

Now if none of that matters, then you step into the world of aftermarket. There ARE very high quality exhausts out there that will work great for NA *and* turbo, should you ever venture that route. Even if you dont care about performance, there's nothing wrong in my book with installing a nice quality component on your car. For example:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20...installed.html

^ RSR made, not sure if they still do, the EXMAG exhaust for our cars. This product was geared towards the sleeper crowd that want to blend in, but still have performance. The performance gains are found in nicely formed pipes known as mandrel bends. They are not crush formed (with kinks) like the stock exhausts or like muffler shop specials. I did not know or care about that many years ago, but now I do. Now I wouldnt waste my time with anything crush bent, and I very much like stainless steel - mandrel bent. This means buying something pre-made or fabricating it myself. With the wife's Miata I purchased a racing beat exhaust, mid pipe, headers, you name it. Beautiful construction.

So search away and I'm sure you'll find plenty. To keep the smells down I would advise running a cat. So basically, you need a cat-back setup.

Good luck
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote