View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
2.25 sounds right, its been ages since I had an NA 240SX. I recall at the time I upgraded to 2.5 inch and I had a Remus dual tip exhaust, I too wanted to look covert. Sounded OK, but overpriced muffler and crush piping didnt do much of anything for performance. Current setup with my SR is all 3.0 inch. I just yanked my 3" Magnaflow stainless steel cat and fab'ed up a stainless steel "test pipe" with flex section and wideband o2 port.

On an NA car, I really wouldnt advise being without a cat. It sounds shitty, it smells shitty. Unless you're turbo and blowing fireballs, keep the cat. Use all 304 stainless piping, flanges and fasteners - that will keep corrosion down to a minimum.

ps: I run an "angled" RSR GT2 coffee can exhaust, but... its powdercoated black. :-P

ps: I advise checking under the car to confirm your exhaust diameter. Use a caliper.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote