View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
wavy zenki s14 build (PICTURE HEAVY, 56K DO NOT APPLY)

Hi,

My name is albert. I want to build a fun street car. That is it.

Before I start my wavy zenki build, I thought I would take a stroll through memory lane...

I got my first car in 2008, at the age of 17. It was a 1989 s13 hatch. It had 123,000 miles when I bought it. I was the second owner.
I picked it up for $2200. It got hit by someone who hit and ran. I was really bummed out. The damage was very minor looking back,
but at the time I thought it was game over.

I also got my first ticket in this car... (for stopping over the line while making a right hand turn on a red light)

I ended up selling it because I wanted to buy a toyota MR2 since all my friends had them..
(when you're young, you want to do everything your friends do. If they jumped off a bridge, I probably would have too...lol)

It was an awesome car. The 4age was such a fun little motor in the canyons.
I fell in love with touge and gripping through a local backroad we had. I drove it everywhere, it was reliable and great on gas.
Even though I couldn't get any b*tches in it I still loved it. I even had a friend's mom call it the Mentally Retarded 2 (MR2).
Unfortunately, I ended up crashing it on the backroads I loved driving so much.

I ended up fixing the damage, painted it flat black and enjoyed it for a little bit longer before I decided to list it up for sale.

I ended up getting rid of the MR2 for $1800 to some random dude off of craigslist.

Some old MR2 inspiration... (not a photo of my car)

What now? Wasn't sure what I wanted anymore. My friends that had MR2's were no longer really into cars.
Not many of my friends at the time were into cars so I didn't really know much. I really liked my hatch and thought about getting another 240.
While browsing craigslist I ended up finding the car of my dreams. I ended up picking up a 1991 s13 coupe. It had a brand new pearl white paintjob,
origin rear tail lights, full oem silvia front (polyurethane bumper/metal fenders/brick headlights), megan coilovers,
fully restored interior, personal steering wheel, etc...

It was honestly the cleanest s13 my eyes have ever laids eyes on. I literally spent every penny I had saved to purchase it.
I still remember all of the butterflies I felt driving it home. Was one of the best feelings of my life (like losing your virginity, but with like, cars).
I had alot of fun driving it, the suspension was dialed perfect. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay off the backroads and ended up crashing it into a ditch...
luckily it wasn't too bad and I was able to keep driving hard.

Started getting bored of the car and entertained getting rid of it to get something else.

I was really bothered by the fact that I got many compliments on how nice the coupe was but I could not take credit since I didn't build the car.
I purchased it exactly how you see it in the photos. I wasn't able modify the car since I was a broke college kid who spent his whole savings on the car.

The car was super reliable and fun to drive. I had no complaints really... I just wish I had built the car myself. I wanted something to be proud of.
I decided to list my s13 coupe on craigslist and see if I could get rid of it and start fresh with something stock. I was ready to build a car on my own.
Then out of the blue I received an email from a guy who was local and had an s14 that he was interested in trading for my s13. I did not know how to feel.
I never even looked at s14s or even thougth about owning one. They just seemed so far out of my league... here are the photos he sent me...

It looked clean and from the details provided it was all stock and unmoleted. Exactly what I wanted... so we met up and checked each others cars out.

Dude was really cool. I drove his car and he didn't get to drive my car because my starter ended up taking a crap just as he hopped in the car.
Luckily my dad came to the rescue with an umbrella and we stabbed the starter to death until it started. He ended up really liking the coupe and
I ended up really liking the s14. So we worked out the details and were set to trade after I removed some of the parts off the coupe.
I felt like my s13 was worth alot more since he was only giving me the s14 without the work meisters. He is a photo of my last time leaning on my s13...
(pretending to be sad about it leaving...)

My buddy Angel ended up picking up a coupe and wanted some of the parts so we ended up swapping all of my aftermarket parts with his stock oem parts.

Check yo boy out in his new s14 haha. I ended up driving the s14 to SoCal for EDC LA 2010.

And here is some 2010 throwback inspiration... daniel ressa's car before i knew who he was...

Still a broke college kid... but I finally got some coilovers...

I am good at crashing cars on the touge. This time it wasn't my error... deer ran out in front of me causing me to lock and slide into a mountain.

I ended up picking up a job at my local Fry's Electronics and money started falling out of the sky!! (not really, barely making more than $8 minimum wage).
Finally picked up some parts for the s14...

Progress was slow... I learned how to drift so I started having to spend money on maintenance and tires. I also met my girlfriend which didn't help my bank account...

Got me some battles...

Got me some 5zigens...

I bought a welded diff from a friend who didnt tell me it was a backyard special welded diff.. That broke and then got a new one plate welded...

I kept breaking axles so people told me to get subframe risers so I was like OKIE because I was young, dumb, and didn't know any better.
Sure my car felt a little tighter since I got rid of my shot subframe bushings, but these risers did not help with the axle breaking...

Last edited by hellaslows13; 11-12-2015 at 06:39 PM..
hellaslows13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links