View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TriniTT is on the path to ruinTriniTT is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hey nice slicktop Z32! What's going on with the upper water neck there?
Thanks! So with this setup I expected to take a lot of heat from the people that don't quite grasp what I'm doing with this swap. Since I have built so many of these cars, I decided to go overkill on some of the things to avoid that negative criticism. The green sensor off the water neck is an Audi thermostatic switch that controls when my fans kick on/off. I am not thrilled with any of the current aftermarket options available for fan control, so I decided to just make everything mechanical to keep things simple. The dual-speed OEM Taurus efan is custom shrouded and controlled by an OEM Volvo fan relay controller that eliminates power surges when the fans kick on. This setup mimics the OEM fan clutch operation without the same parasitic loss. The end result is so efficient, the fan rarely even kicks on and when it does it is only on for a minute or so before the temperature drops 5 degrees Celsius and kicks off. I have yet to see it need the second higher speed, even in our hot 100+ degree temps we've seen this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Awesome seats! I guess since you can't get them in the states is why their priced so high?

Do admit that it is the best bucket seat I have sat it. Probably should mention that the max waist size is like a 34.
Thanks and yeah, they are designed for small-to-average sized people. Considering they were $4500 originally, I would say my asking price is relative to their value. Typically when something high-quality is made in a limited production run and then discontinued, values shoot up higher than the original retail cost. Given that factor, I would say my price is actually probably quite a bit low. If you wanted to source this setup on your own you could spend months or years and much more than my asking price, let alone the headache and hassle.
TriniTT is offline   Reply With Quote