View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Ecsta-Z

Trader Rating: (0)
Ecsta-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
S14 SR20DET Tuning help

Okay, to start off I have a 96 240sx with a S14 SR with very little modifications, (Isis Header, Z32 MAF, 550cc injectors, typical cold air intake, and a boost controller that is set at 10psi) nothing crazy, I also sent my ecu to Nistune and got a type 3 board installed. Now, I know some of you are thinking "why don't you just take it to a shop and have them tune it?" well I live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma not one shop has heard of an SR20 let alone tuned one so that leaves me to figuring it out on my own. Besides who wouldn't want to know how to tune their own car anyway?

Now for my problem, the car will start up fine and drive but once the engine is up to temp it starts to idle weird, like revving between 300rpm and 1,300rpm. Also, it wants to run rich at any rpm, even while driving (between 10afr and 12afr). I asked one of the Nistune consultants what I should be adjusting on Nistune to try and remedy the issue and he said the K-constant TP Multiplier and the Total Injection Multiplier. So I began adjusting these with no luck. Now with no tuning background I am not sure where what numbers these should even be in the ballpark of but I've heard rumors of other tuners starting with a K-constant between 32,000 and 36,000 but nothing on the Injection Multiplier. I have also set my Nistune/ECU with the correct MAF and injector size so I'm quite sure those aren't my problem.

So with that said I humbly ask my Zilvians to give any reasonable advice as to what I should be adjusting in Nistune or any mechanical problem it might be, because I'm completely stumped.
Ecsta-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links