View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Late To The Party By A Whole Generation

Ive kept a "Build Thread" on my blog (jyw0rld.wordpress.com) but I figured I would through it to the wolves here on Zilvia to see what happens. This is the condensed version so let us begin starting with my last project and what led me to what is occurring now.

Last year, I build a s13 hatch that ended up with a pretty common setup. The car was stored in a garage since the early 2000's. Over the course of 7-8 years, I would swing by the owner's home to see if the car was ready for sale. I was denied multiple times when I offered the owner money for the car. Finally (2013), after years of trying the owner finally let me have the car. He literally just gave me the car! He signed over the title and told me to move it out of his garage. I couldn't believe that after years of trying and offering cash money, the old guy just gave me a car. I had always loved 180sx's from the early 2000's in Japa and knew that was what I was aiming for if I ever got one. BH, Damon and Olly were some of the guys that inspired me but by the time I got the S13, those dudes were out of the game. Most of the people that were building 240sx's were all about Hoonigan and other US styles that seemed lame to me

Pushed it down to my parent's house because there was no bettery and the car was sitting for years. Stashed it there as I was graduating from college soon and moving away for a job. Job sucked, I moved back to Texas and had already begun to collect parts for the project. I had found OEM Type X from bumper and Kouki taillights for cheap while I was away, along with some Type X side skirts.

Once I moved back to Texas, I begun to work on the S13. (On my blog I called it a 180sx but for the Zilvia hate begins, ill stick with S13). First thing was to replace everything that I thought could have been corroded from sitting. Replaced the oil, filter, fuel filter, cleaned the fuel lines and tank, coolant and a new battery. I tried to do a nice maintenance job. There aren't many picture of this as I wasn't thinking I would make a build thread or anything at this moment. But here is a sweet picture of the fuel pump that I replaced.

So with all that, the car started just fine and I drove it to get a full tank of gas. It was pretty rewarding to replace a fuel simple things and be able to drive the car with no problem.

After I got the car running, it was time to give it a nice clean. I through on the Kouki side skirts and headed to the car wash to clean out the engine bay.

After the cleaning, I went ahead and installed the Kouki Taillights and the Type X front bumper. Around this time, the gentleman that I bought the Type X side skirts from offered my the Type X rear valances so I went ahead with purchasing those and throwing those on as well.

After fitting the aero on, I knew that the next thing to get was suspension and wheels. I owned a 350z that I was taking to drift events so I was in no rush to make the S13 into a drift car. I just wanted a cool car to drive around in because to me, the 350z never had the ~essence~ of the early 2000 drift style I was striving for. So with that, I kept with the OEM theme and found myself a set of R33 wheels here on Zilvia.

I had Stance Coilovers on my 350z and knew that could handle track days along with daily driving so I ordered a set for the S13. I got a full 5 lug swap with modded knuckles from a friend that was parting out his S14. Picked up some s14 FLCA as well.

Next was the last additions to the aero department. I found a pretty cheap wing on Zilvia, bought it and took a picture with some emojis. Constantly looking through Zilvia and Yahoo Auctions, I could never bite the bullet and buy an authentic Type X lip. I opted for a replica lip. I wasn't too bummed about it as everything I had was OEM.

Last edited by JIMB0; 06-08-2015 at 03:16 PM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links