View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #16
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
So small update guys!

I've put off my engine build due to a financial status change for the better and will also be traveling to New Orleans for a job opportunity this summer, however I have been working here and there on small parts of the car just to pass time until I can work on the engine.

Anyways today, I decided to do what I thought would be an easy job, replacing rear break rotors! Well in theory it was a super easy job, but due to nobody giving a single fuck about this car for 20 odd years, the stock rotor had seized onto the hubs/studs, and needed a little "persuading". I tried a rubber mallet, then a bigger one, then a metal hammer, and then I got pissed off and got out a 15lb slide hammer and stopped giving a fuck.
[IMG][/IMG]

The rotors were super worn, grooved, rusted, etc. The passenger side was also warped.

Old v new
[IMG][/IMG]

Picture of the rotor wear on the warped one,
[IMG][/IMG]

And here's some pictures of what happens when you cheap out on break pads, these pads got used under 500 miles and were already extremely worn and coming apart, the car also never stopped that great.
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Anyways besides the rotors giving me trouble, I also found the dust boots for the caliper pistons had torn, so I'll be tracing down those and if you could give me a part # I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also since I never really included it, this is the color of the car currently, its a galaxy grey with red and green flake, a cool color, but not one I like, I only chose it because it roughly matched the jams and I was in a financial bind finishing the car the first time round and I had plenty of this left over from a customer job.
[IMG][/IMG]

Speaking of color, I've finally decided on a color scheme for the car, I've decided that in the engine bay I'm going to go for a silver color and the engine will have bits of wrinkle black and anodized purple, and as for the outside I was watching some Tuercked videos and specifically the ones featuring his "street" S13 and I've always loved the look of a clean black car with some dishy wheels so I'm leaning toward a nice gloss black with some kind of five spoke wheel with a deep dish. The car will also be getting some over fenders depending on the wheels I pick!

Thanks for reading guys!