View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 07:51 PM   #1516
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Ahhhh here we have our first true point of contention:

So what happens when you can pay 'lowball' prices for something 'high-baller' like TE37s? I've said numerous times that I'm not rich. In that time I haven't made the next paygrade in the military so nothing has changed in my income lol. That being said, I'd never give someone like Mackin Industries ~$1000+ more to buy TEs I can get BNIB for far less straight from Japan via Jesse. The guys at Mackin our awesome but they have to sell them for exponentially more, I suppose. Thoughts?

Damon, I can sympathize with your reasoning. Actually I never really could until the three of us (BossHogg included) discussed it on this thread. I was sitting on the fence and I think you guys pushed me over to your side. Like we both said: it's their fault for not putting in the work or doing the research.

what is there to think about? You can get them whole sale or buy from some place like mackin. What one company sells for compared to another is up to the company. Not much to talk about really. Really it kind of makes no sense. What is low baller cost for brand new TE? You are not going to get them cheaper than whole sale cost straight from Jesse. You will never pay less than what your supplier can get them for. Unless he likes to fund your build. Low baller prices would be rota/xxr/etc. You are not getting TE's for 200 bucks a wheel. Unless your buying used. Even then that is hard lol. The only thing you basically stated is to never buy from a place like that. I never would.

Yea, I get damn near 100% of my parts from yahoo japan or straight from manufacturer if still produced. Or just from private seller period. Since most of the parts I like are old or discontinued you cant really do much else. I to only buy for myself. I have never really sold many parts. I have never purposely bought a item to resell. I have thought about it, but never get around to it. I could probably sell a few things if I really wanted. But I doubt many people would buck up for the items. At least not on this forum lol. I have actually thought about clearing out a few items that I dont think I'll be using. But its not like I really need the money so I just hold on to them. I always get random mail asking to buy stuff. I don't think some of the people know the cost of the items, no matter how basic the item is. I'm certainly not going to cut myself short.

Last edited by BossHogg; 05-15-2015 at 08:26 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote