View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
<----- Real Deal OG Hardcore MuthaTuckin 240 Owners... still exist!!

I'm not dead yet.
I still have my Kouki.

NOW, I know a few OGs are on here still. I did fall off for awhile, but I needed to get ME right again. In fact, I haven't touched my Kouki in nearly 2 years, and not because I don't want too! Life cost a lot when you work full time and go to school full time. I'm not some old chump taking out deferred college loans to build my car either!

What have I seen? I remember seeing the 97/98 Kouki when it first fit the dealer floors and wanting one. I remember talking to a guy pumping gas next to me in a black Kouki, then buying one a month later in 1999. Honda was all the rage. It was Rare that anyone modified their car, and the gains were so small back then. Information was word of mouth and you would be lucky to find some store with Sport Compact Car mags. Then, FnF came out. The Kouki was laughable, but to the true Enthusiast it was nice to see some respect. Then we got what all turners thought was the holly grail. D1GP... and we americanized it. Hell, a cowboy in a mustang is more well known here than Keiichi Tsuchiya. That hurts to even type! Bandwagon jumpers like a second gold rush in the west. ZILVIA ON THE RISE while 240s meet their demise!!! Things were good for a bit but it was a lot of Information age R&D. The 240 being a cheep experimental rat subject. True 240 enthusiast try to hold their values, and still do. D1GP lost interest. FnF goes hard on the CGI. Bandwagoners fall off and fine new wagons. Manufacturers backing out of the US. It looks bad, but to the True OG... its great! The Kouki is now more rare and soon approaching cult icon status. Why would I not be happy about that! Zilvia will fall into that category of followers. But this is the hard part. Right now is where things fall into the shadows and people forget. Let it happen. The phoenix will rise again.

Less talk
More RareTrick
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote