View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #29
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertsi View Post
hey Fries, i've been following your build and a few other 1uz builds. But your build thread though has really made me contemplate doing the 1uz swap myself and frankly I like your attitude about it. and I was wondering, if you don't mind answering, about how much total just for the swap do you think you have spent so far? I know you stated above that it shouldn't cost more than 3200 excluding the y pipe. But i was just curious as to what you think you've spent already. And also is there anything you've spent money on doing the swap that you've realized later was unnecessary or maybe you could have done for less? Or hell for that matter what about the opposite; is there an area(s) maybe on your swap so far that you should have spent more money on?
Sure man. Everyone's costs will be a little different. I've been playing with 240s for a while so I had a few spare parts that made it cheaper some places.

Anyway, cost breakdown.
U-Pull-It:
Engine/harness/ecu/KA transmission: $450
Trans Adapter/pilot bushing adapter/Engine mounts:$650ish
Headers:$300
Flywheel:$250
Flywheel modification: $100
Clutch:$400
Driveshaft: $500ish
Intake: $80
Wiring/Wiring tools:$100
Fastners/MISC:$100
Fluids: $150

So about 3 grand-ish. Its not bad man. A Sr is what $2500? Then you gotta buy, clutch, FMIC, Intake, Usually an exhaust, misc upgrades etc. Youre looking at more cost for less power. But turbo brah!

Things I wish I did... Go thru Xcessive MFG for your flywheel and have it modified for the 1uz starter. Replace starter prior to installation.

If you can afford it, I'd install a 350z transmission. The extra strength will be worth it. Im afraid of running wider than 245/40 tires on the back, because torque + traction = sheared gearset.

Also... email wiring specialties to get them to make a premade harness for the 1uz Its not horrible to wire, just a pain in the butt. I wouldnt get a cheap clutch. I ended up having to get a cheap disk when I installed my ACT disk wrong. The visual difference, just goes to show the quality of a solid clutch... which you will want when you're clutch kickin' and shit.

IDK man. I did it pretty basic on purpose. You'll have fun. Its a pretty easy to engine. (Minus taking the intake manifold off. That thing sucks ass)