View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I want to say that I think you are totally wrong. First, Z32 owners are some of the most enthusiastic Z owners I have ever met. I have a SHIT TON of Z32 customers who are true fanatics about their cars, they make 240SX owners look ordinary. Second, most Z-owners stick to THE ORIGINAL forum: twinturbo.net -- its the same shitty interface, but all the old schoolers still congregate there. To sum things up, the Z32 chassis is _THE_ Z-chassis. In terms of car enthusiasts, the Z33 and Z34 pale in comparison.
Perhaps I put things into the wrong terms, what I was saying was simply that with the model being discontinued, the growth of the community has the same issue as any other car that was no longer in production. Less of them for people to get their hands on means less people joining enthusiast communities. Since I've not owned a Z32, I've had no knowledge of any of the Z-specific boards, which kind of emphasizes my point of there being a pretty definite divide. That was the point behind my reference to NICO. Either way, my point in regards to why the site isn't growing when the Z lineup is still being offered by Nissan still stands, that we've not had the Z audience because:
  1. the newer generations were owned primarily by people who thought of the older Z generations and the S-chassis as beneath them and would rather commune with others who were in the same boat, where most of them still making payments on their $25K+ cars instead of an old $1k sports-commuter
  2. Owners/enthusiasts of the older gen Z's stuck mostly to their own forums elsewhere as well.
And why shouldn't they? The Z32 had a greater racing pedigree, and was less likely to be picked up by a teenager who's making min. wage flipping burgers. The 240 on the other-hand had that market cornered, and with more and more of these kids filling the forums, it appears less and less desirable to join when you've already got a perfectly good place to hash out discussions of your car.

Reader's Digest Version:
Z32's didn't have a bunch of broke Zilvia kids buying them, so the owners post elsewhere. Z33's didn't have a bunch of broke Zilvia kids buying them, so the owners post elsewhere. S-chassis were bought up by a bunch of broke Zilvia kids buying them, so the owners post here.

I still don't know if I'm making a coherent point here, but it's been a long day (week) at work, so my brain's pretty well fried at this point. Add that to the post being typed out in a disjointed manner broken up by hours of working before getting back to finish typing out an incomplete thought and well... it's probably something I should have abandoned without posting long ago. That said... *click*
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote