View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #34
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Curious about effective angles for diffusers/canards/spoilers. Looks like everyone just puts stuff on without thinking about this
they have definitely put some effort into scientifically testing all aspects of it.

There are ssssooo much articles and websites online explaining about the size, angles etc and how much it affects air pressure around the vehicle. ive been researching more along the lines of time attack cars to see if I can tie those designs into a road car, for like high way speeds.

Its sucks because its all a balancing act. you lower your car and increase the angle of your front splitter towards the ground more, by doing so you increase down force creating more grip but increase the drag and change the air pressure around your vehicle.

what I want to accomplish with my car is creating that balance of air moving around my vehicle and kill that turbulent air that sits behind my hatch.

if you have a smokey car you can see this just by driving. the smoke curls and spins around the taillights and continues to do so without going anywhere.

I think that's because the low pressure going under my car and the high pressure going over my car and around, are moving at different speeds or created turbulence somewhere else along my car causing a whole mumbo jumbo type shit.?????
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote