View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #184
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Holy crap! You can get such a long borrowing term in the States?

Here in Canada, they changed the longest period from 35, to 30 (without CMHC fees if you put down the 20%). Mine is/was 25 years when it started. I also have accelerated payments (I pay bi-weekly), and I usually add the added extra 10% a year that you can directly apply to the principal amount.

I want this damn thing paid off sooner then later.
Yep. People are crazy.

As someone mentioned earlier, getting stuck in a 30 year mortgage will be a drag knowing you'll spend more than a quarter of your life working to pay it off (if you get stuck in a high payment situation).

Having purchased a home at such a young age definitely made me feel good, but I much preferred my lifestyle prior to having a mortgage. My other bills have always been there (cell, tv/internet, utilities), but eliminating my mortgage would put a nice chunk of change back into my savings. Or better yet, I'd finish building one of my damn cars.

Can't wait for the day I make my last payment.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote