View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #125
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Many tires have died since the last update.

UPS guy said he thought they only drifted in movies.

I've since sorted my bind issue by extending the lower control arms 25mm and putting the smaller wheel/tire package up front when I feel like drifting. GKTech offset rack spacers, SPL caster arms, Powered by Max knuckles, basically throwing parts at the car. I read somewhere that you need a ton of aftermarket parts and Shitloads 'O Horsepower to drift... so I've been chasing that lately.

Extended LCA's

Did some frame work. My frame rail rad bar was barely connected to the car. We welded it back on and the steering was noticeably stiffer.

I made a bracket adapter for the Z wiper motor. I've always driven in the rain, only now I can see shit.

A friend called with clutch problems in his Z33, basically a bad internal slave. A week later my internal slave went bad. We pulled both trans and replaced the slaves with the ZSpeed HD internal slaves (Corvette slaves with adapter plates and custom hoses). We also opted for the Wilwood masters.

My OEM Z33 (top) dual mass clutch, pressure plate, and dual mass flywheel, vs Exedy (bottom). Saved about 9lbs if I remember correctly, but the shifting isn't near as smooth. Oh well, racecer.

CD009s with ZSpeed HD Internal Slaves

Cars and Coffee

KSport EBrake should be going in soon, minus the infamously leaky master cylinder replaced with a Wilwood dealio and remote reservoir hose bung.

I really need to rework my exhaust. It tends to melt my shoes when driven hard.

In other news I got to work on my favorite Corolla again, throw baller parts on a Z33, got the ECU back in for my brother's build, learned a lot about Miatas, and gutted the spare shell.

Drift events were on Oct 26 and Nov 1. October event was at No Problem Raceway with probably the roughest track surface known to man.

For the Nov 1 event we were asked to take part in a sort of family day for a few industrial companies that rented out Nola Motorsports Park for their employees. They had autocross, karting, spacewalks, amazing catering, ride-alongs in the track prepared cars, and ride-alongs in the drift cars. I made an edit of the GoPro footage from those two events. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ9gN6-cOk
Raw link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ9gN6-cOk

The Sil-coupes of NODRFT. VQ35HR, 1JZ, & RB20DET respectively.

And more drift pics because why not.

Oh I tried to autocross on my Hoosiers. Apparently they need heat or some shit. Drifted all five runs. Not impressed. 9th out of 65 drivers, raw time. A friend with a Genesis and SSR wheels lost to an HHR. I lost to Fernando and his supercharged Honda Fit. He rode with me on my fifth run and said he was truly scared the entire time.

NODRFT End of the Year Bash is Dec 27 & 28. I'll be there the 28. I think you should go.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1504633743128619/

VQ Build Insta

Last edited by Jissan; 11-24-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote