View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #26
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdiversion View Post
The hood issue might be bad with the mazworks mounts.

A friend of mine and I built a joint drift machine with this motor we used wes q45 adaptor plate, with the excessive mounts. The excessive mounts sit much lower and give you side to side adjustment for the rack pinion. We cut some of the hood webbing out and 1 1/4 hood spacers and it closes fine. No issues.

As for the guy who said this motor sucks and blew it in 100 miles and went ls1. I'm sure the ls1 is great but the vh45 is no slouch. He beats the ever living piss out of this motor to 7k in 2nd and 3rd all day at events. Its a 94, non-siamease port with 56k miles on it. We did nothing to the motor but drop it in and headers. Plus it sounds amazing, much louder and nastier than any ls I have seen on the street or track. It is a solid motor if you take care of it. I mean the thing comes stock with 6 bolt mains. You never find that on an ls.

So yeah. My experiences with it all.
Reading isn't ur strength is it. I don't believe I stated a vh45 sucks. I simply stated mine, which was used with extremely low miles I.e. almost new, blew before I had put 100 miles on a 6k swap. I used the entire xcessive kit so I think I have more then enough time money and effort to know that the hood don't close. The xcessive mounts aim the motor towards the passenger side of the car. They don't offer any steering rack adjustment whatsoever as the rack is fixed to the crossmember by the two brackets that hold it on. Headers determine steering clearance on a vh swap not the mounts/block. Mazwox headers fit and clear just fine with xcessive mount. Yes the xcessive mounts have some slotted holes that allow a very finite amount of wiggle room but not much. They also dip the motor severely on the passenger side requiring shims to level it. This has been veried by several of us on v8nissans.

You cut the webbing and still added 1.25" spacers. So your drift machines hood still don't close! Adding spacers doesn't qualify as "dat shit werks bro" it's fucking ghetto

btw, the ls comes with 6 bolt mains on EVERY version of the block from 4.8l iron blocks to the ls7. Know your shit before you spout stupid on the interwebs.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote