View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
BSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to BSPerformance
Ninth times a charm? OEM+ silvia build

Lets start off with some pics of my old 240's from the past 10 years
my first three I had between 04-07

my first 240

The white one was my auto daily & the tan one was a rust free car that I ended up having to sell since it didn't run when I moved.

Then came my body kit phase

frame completely rusted out & I had $5k in parts stolen off of it

This car had the kit from my hatch on it, but I didn't own it very long due to the shitty top (only pic I can find of it atm)

This is the only s14 I've owned & loved it so much more then my s13's (minus all the rust this one had) I have no idea why I still haven't bought a clean one to replace it yet as a daily.

My 89 coupe is the longest I've kept any of my cars(3 years) that I'm still in the process of selling parts off of

Now onto my new build, I finally got around to getting a nice clean strait, rust free shell to replace my tan one that I didn't want to sell o so long ago.
Picked it up on 7/12

It came with just about everything I needed to put it back together

Week 1
I knocked out deleting everything I didn't need from the wire harness so I could tuck it. Fingers crossed it doesn't catch on fire when I go to test it out haha. I also installed my pedals & hvac, I'm only going to be using heat on the defrost setting.

this was half the wires that were removed

I still have to figure out how I want to mount my fuse box & how I want to route my headlight harness.

That weekend I got lucky and found an aero bumper somewhat local and scooped it up.

Week 2
I figured I might as well get it out of the way and attempt to cut a dash up for the first time to try and fit around the cage. I feel like I could have done a much better job but It'll do for now. I'm going to be flocking it & if I'm not happy with it I'll grab a new dash.

Next I moved onto painting the insides of my doors & assembling them. The paint ended up not matching the greatest. I still haven't decided if I'm going to leave them bare or make sheet metal door panels.

Over the weekend I ended up trading my origin fenders for some flared metal ones.

I got the passenger side to line up with the body lines

I feel like that's too much gap at the top?

I'm still working on trying to get the driver side to line up with the body lines and not have so much gap but it's being a huge bitch.

here's where I started off at

here's where I got it to after some tweaking, anyone have any tips?

I'm also having issues with my aero bumper not wanting to line up with the metal bumper support in but if I take it out it lines up with no issues.

Also anyone have any easy fix's for two broken studs on my one brick headlight? Or am I going to have to drill and tap it?