View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
STORY TIME!

So many years ago, prior to joining the military, I built a pretty fun piece of crap vert. I didn't really know what I was doing, it was my first real build (still very budget minded).
SR20DET, ATS diff, knock off wheels, coils/arms, open down pipe and a roll bar.

I screwed up the "wire tuck" and accidently ruined my power windows, so that sucked.
Still the most loud and fun car I've ever owned.
This is a picture next to my buddy Dave's car. His was a purpose built LSx street/race car.

Fast forward 2 years, I joined the military and got stationed in Korea.
Came back to Vegas to find an old friend's car for sale on an auction site! Got a great deal on it since it wasn't running.

Had a BLOWN s14 sr20det, which I sold for too little money and some minor goodies.

Sold all this crap with the motor, because I wanted to go LSx and it would all be useless for me anyway.

Packed it up and sent it to upstate New York, the land of snow and 4x4's.

First order of business was purchasing a propane heater and getting the 1uz-fe onto an engine stand.

I got the 1uz for $300 from a buddy in Kansas on the way from Las Vegas to NY. I was told it only had 80K on it. Since the Idle Air Control (IAC) is bad, I'm guessing a few more, but the heads were pretty clean inside. Who knows.

Swapped bellhousings from my KA transmission, which had a bad 2nd gear to a low mileage SR trans that I bought years ago.

I spent a TON of time tracing wires on the 1uz and following the Lexus diagrams to be 100% sure of which pin is which and what it does. Kind of useless information now that I've figured out how easy it is to wire up, but I've got a much better understanding of the engine now!

Installed the engine for the first time. Pretty neat. I wanted to see if I could stretch the factory high pressure line to the 1uz pump. It didn't work

Had Zilvia member turtle m3th modify my headers to fit around my steering shaft. Easily the best money spent. It would have cost me $700 to have headers made here.

Those headers and engine mounts doe.

Received and installed my fuel lines. Pretty sweet. https://www.belmetric.com/bnjf1278-b...ath=13_853_855 Goes here.

This one here. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30...ps1e09cca0.jpg

Needed to replace my upper oil pan gasket. Shit was destroyed and spitting oil out like waterfall. Missed a bolt holding it. Used rubber mallet to break it loose, broke it off instead. Used some sweet ass epoxy to repair it. Holds up fine.

Aluminum flywheel and MR2 turbo stage 2 clutch (not pictured: KA24 stage 2 pressure plate of amazingness)

Removed emissions and some coolant lines with turtle m3ths EGR block off plates.
*Factory engine setup

Deleted emissions

FINALLY TIME TO START THE ENGINE!