View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #90
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Wow you so missed important parts of my post. I stated what the original ideal of home owning was I did not state it was the end all be all. I also stated that if you have the ability to flip houses to make money you can.

Fact is most people can't flip houses and make money in fact a lot of times they lose just like flipping cars. Everyone will tell you can't mod a car and make money. Actually some of us do and have. same goes for houses.
Fact is I can make more money off financial investments in less time than owning a house.
Ok and don't get started about financial advisers. Fact is indeed there are financial advisors out there that will tell you that owning a house is not always the way to go.
You guys smoke the pipe of the American dream with the twist of the I want it now of the early part of this century. Fact is there a few markets in the country that have rising equity in most places equity is flat if not still somewhat negative. It does not make financial sense for all people to own homes. Jus like car leases can be favorable to owning the car and making payments.

Stop looking at from one side. Maybe my post came on strong from the opposite but it was rooted in financial awareness and facts. Do you watch the financials markets everyday? I do and I follow housing as well. All I am saying is don't just merrily jump on the idea that owning a house is better. It's not always.

Actually Mel you are wrong here. Read what I wrote above. Oh and your comment about your car lease actually does contradict the first part of your car statement.

I will say again guys stop thinking its written in sand one way. It's not and it's not that simple or cut and dry.

I should add any homeowner is not going to like what I wrote. They bought and own a house to tell them it might not have been the wisest choice of them offends and bothers them. You could say that as well as the homeowner telling the renter he made a bad choice.

Only real difference is if I can make more off investments in ten years than the equity earned from owning a house, while paying less rent and no property taxes or upkeep costs. No realtor fees , no bank fees. Then I have probably put my money to better use than owning.
That is a fact, owning a house does not mean you are not throwing money away. It all depends on needs, costs and markets. Not all is the same in any given region of the country.
My point was to he contradictory.