View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #18
Izento
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Izento is an unknown quantity at this point
I caved in and got a Catco 3" cat. I noticed that Enjuku sells them with the flanges for $150, but I'm just going to get flanges welded onto a universal one for cheaper. I'm also debating on getting the Isis MBSE dual tip exhaust. I want something more low key than a single tip canister, as I touge more than anything, but I want something that still performs at the track. I was thinking Apexi N1 as well, but I would need to find one used, as they are too expensive new. I also got some subframe spacers ordered, as I am tired of the rear shuddering when I burn out or whenever it's wet. More news to come. I'll get you guys picks of my old exhaust vs new.

Aluminum subframe spacers came in. No more wheel hop! I'll be installing these when I do my exhaust. Oh, also, I decided on the Isis MBSE 3" exhaust, I'll still get pics for you guys.

Got my 3" Catco Cat. Part #6907 if anyone is looking to buy one of these. This thing is massive! There is no way I even had close to 3 inch piping on my exhaust. It might even have been 2.25. I'll try and get a tape measure when I pull it.

Got my exhaust today. Sadly, none of the exhaust shops around my area have exhaust flanges....how the hell does an exhaust shop not have flanges?! Anyways, ordered some through the internet and waiting patiently on their arrival. I also got my old exhaust off to check all my diameters for the proper flange sizes. My old exhaust has some terrible kinks in it that reduce the pipe to 2" along with the muffler exit which is less than 2". I'll get pics of that later.

I finally got my DIF 2.5" and 3" flanges welded to the cat! Costed me a total of about $115 compared to the $160+ I would need to spend on Enjuku and still get a 2.5" flange welded on one end.

Weld quality isn't too bad. He definitely didn't dress them but I don't really care as no one will see it anyway. Now to install everything tomorrow. More pics to come. And yes, I'm going to get pics of that terrible old exhaust :P

So, my cat flanges needed to be clocked and shortened I guess -_- So now I have sent it back to the exhaust shop to get that done for cheap. This is my first time create my own exhaust bolt on configuration, so I suppose it's a learning lesson to measure before I assume things will fit. Oh and for the bread and butter, here is my old exhaust bends.

You see that damn kink?! That must be pressing my exhaust to 1" and then my muffler is about an inch and half, possibly 2". Maybe this constricted me alot, maybe it didn't, but it definitely doesn't look good.

Now I'm having problems with mounting. I got the whole exhaust bolted after I got my cat flange clocked and rewelded, but the hangers are in a slightly different place, so I need to get longer bolts to attach my exhaust polyurethane hangers. Pics of the mounting and ground clearance to come.
Izento is offline   Reply With Quote