View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #404
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update:

My battery install took much longer than expected haha. I spent all day after 2 re doing the whole thing. I had to go help a buddy put up a wooden fence at his rental that took about 30 min but then I was back at it. It was funny though...I got there...and lined up all the post support beam mounts before we started and he was like.. "what are you doing?..." I was like.."this is faster man...I got shit to do on the car." Hah.. he was like.. "guess your right."

Anyways. I mounted the battery mount in the same location as the battery box previously. The only difference was I used better hardware and Now I had a ton of room. I had to re-route my coil ignition harness for the direct fire AEM coils around the cage ..which meant pulling the whole thing off and feeding it through the necessary bars. I didn't want anything to be ran on the inside of the cage. I have some braided covering I'll be putting on that will make things look neater but First I had to make sure I had everything planned correctly so it wasn't all un organized etc. Started with mounting the battery...then ran grounds and power wires.
But before all of this I had to clean all of the overspray off and extra flake dust/paint from the entire cabin. That took a while but glad most of it is gone at least..

Where I would mount the Optima yellowtop d51R..love this battery braket by the way..really sturdy too!!

then worked on the ground cable.. I wanted it to be much shorter than it was. So I cut out about 16" built up a ton of solder then hit it with a torch and it sucked the solder straight in. Thanks Shawn for the tip! forgot to take pics but it was a bit hard with 2 hands.

Best part..looking clean!!

Not bad!

The paint came out pretty good. It's not perfect but the clear should protect it a little bit at least. I also have some lighter spots on the undersides of the bars because I got lazy and didn't want to get on my back and shoot the paint.

Work process, had to cut and solder some things to clean up excessive lengths and re-route things

and how I left it for the night

I'm still looking to find someone to weld up my manifold for me. I really want a good job done on it...but at the same time I have a lot in materials so I don't want to end up paying 900-1500 just to have someone weld it out. I simply need a good welder who is into good precision welding that isn't looking to rape me lol. I have a couple options out there and I'm currently weighing them.. just going to be certain before I pull the trigger.
Things are moving in the right direction though and It should be ready to fire up sooner than later. More progress soon!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote