View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #119
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
You sure about that? THIS is the highest power 2871 build I found on Evans Tuning dynosheet database and it's making 320ft-lbs at 4k rpm. The 6258 dyno I just posted is making nearly the same at 4k (310ft-lbs).

Keep in mind the 6258 is on a stock head too, this 2871 dyno has cams. And the OEM manifold is an advantage in the case that we're talking spool. It's shorter than a tubular, so it spools quicker.

I really don't think you're going to be able to find a 2871 stock SR on 93 that makes 310ft-lbs at 3k, that's ridiculously early torque.
I did not look at the graph close enough. I now see the boost curve passes 18psi around 3,800rpm. It is very similar to a 2871r, however, the 2871 still produces 30~ftlbs more in the 3500~rpm region, and that is with a tubular manifold AND cams. If you had a stock head with a stock manifold, it would be even quicker. But lets be serious; nobody should run oem cams with any upgraded turbo unless it's a disco.

I have a graph, but for best comparison I should overlay the two. Would you like that?

No it isnt 1,000rpm sooner like I said it was. I typed that without really looking at anything.

I also wasn't aware this turbo would fit the oem manfold as well. Also, I am not saying the 2871 is better by any stretch. It just jumped out at me that it should look quicker on paper.
I'd definetely give this new one a try if I had an sr20det