View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #94
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I think you're reading that rule wrong, it's still just same manufacturer.

The engine block has to be the same manufacturer as the original motor in the car.

It's still open for SM.

As far as slaying SM, maybe locally, but on a national level you need about 400whp and 315s all around. Come play on nissanroadracing.com to see the national level builds.

Are you still running the 6k/4k rate on the v3s? (i thought that's what they came with). Bump that up a few notches, too

Also, full sphericals in back, s14 subframe (just use the deflection of the stock rubber bushing) and a proper diff.

I don't have a nationals level car, still running stock fenders with 245s all around. I do great locally, but the step to nats is tough and I'm undertired.

Also sil front isn't nationally legal for SM either because non-oem bumper support and repositioning the headlights (I have one, too). You're probably like me, though, where it doesn't matter so much. My car will never be nationally competitive and no one locally will protest over that, so fuck it.
Yeah, locally it should do pretty good, and everyone is telling me to just stay in SM, although I really still think the rules want motors that came in the chassis' from factory. Sil front is a bummer for sure, didn't consider that facet.

Nobody here cares and I'm not out for sponsorship. I just want a few FTD under the car's belt. I definitely need a good Z33 LSD eventually since the viscous isn't up to par, and will probably overheat and become open during a drift event.

I loved reading about J-Rho's car on nissanroadracing.com, as well as a few other mental builds. Some other complete tube chassis race specific cars are WAY out of my league (which isn't hard to do) I guess it just frustrates me the level of non-amateur'ness that these guys are on, and having to compete against them. Guess that's just racing.

VQ Build Insta
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote