View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #86
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Buy r-comps, esp if you're trying to be competitive in SM. Not sure how serious you're trying to be or if you're just playing around locally.

Since you're already flared 285s or 315s are feasible, though.

Also a clutch type lsd (ATS carbon or OS giken) will make you love the car at autox.
This is great input, but there's been some shitty developments in the AutoX rulebook. Basically the block of the motor now has to be a factory option of the chassis for the car to remain in SM, which means I'm now bumped to XP and will have to go full race to stay competitive.

This is a recent modification of the rules and really f*cked my whole universe. I'm not going to gut my car and try for nationals at XP because XP cars suck on the road. I can get R-Comps and a drift wheelset and go through my car making it lighter and keep improving it, all the while enjoying it in a variety of motorsport. I'll aim for FTD of the local autocross (team GFYS Roolbook) and try my hand at drift. Just really sucks because this car would've slayed in SM.

Anyway... where was I... Oh yeah, I just wanna go fast.

So I've been helping friends lately with their projects. This Jeep got upper & lower ball joints, BBK & upgraded BMC then bleed the whole dealio.

900 some odd torque turbo diesel 4x4 Excursion pushing up to 35psi. Bitch pulls hard. Similar setup buses run low 13s. MURICA

Haven't been able to help another friend with his E46 M3 as much as I'd like. Sorry Jacob.

He has camber woes. Potenza RE11 don't like camber, or fitment kids in general.

Fenders on TEs. He had to go back and redo ALL HIS FITMENT WORK!

Neighbor has a hybrid Subaru build that just put down over 300 hp/tq before it blew a turbo and shit a trans. Did I mention I'll never own an STI? Motor sits in the bay like a pile of spaghetti with meatballs on the bottom of the bowl.

Trey's SR _____________ (hatch/coupe/S12/...?) build. Should be starting his own thread soon.

Contemplating taking the "SILVIA" off and adding the 350Z Nismo trunk badge. This was just a test fit with the old adhesive. At this point it's a FrankenCar anyway.

I was sighted at a Nola Motorsports drift event without tires to burn. Never again. Everyone was pissed. "You're not drifting?! You show up with that and you're not gonna slide!!!????"

So I immediately picked up a used drift wheelset with new tires up front and one wet drift event on the rears.

17x10.5 +15 Battles with Federal 595 235/40

And then I got some used race rubber. 70% 295 A6 for the rear, and 50% 275 R6 for the front. I was planning on slapping the 40% 285 A6 up front but I noticed cord showing on the shoulder that I didn't see when I picked them up. Oh well, got them all for under $300. This puts the count of wheelsets in garage at 4 , the black G35, Battles, Enkeis and Varrs. I can't complain.

Pursuing weight reduction, I decided to run a custom length 7 rib belt for AC compressor delete. It's been a couple weeks so I'm gonna go ahead and buy another one and pull all the dead weight. For anyone with an HR trying to do an AC delete, it's a Goodyear 4070505 Gatorback Poly-V Belt.

So yeah, now that the dream of a National Solo Championship is pretty much smashed, I'm looking for other fun shit to do with the car...

This bitch is gonna slide.

VQ Build Insta
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote