View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #36
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Figured I would do a small update since I have been working on the cars a bit over the last couple weeks.

I've focused mostly on my purple coupe lately since that seems to be the car I have been the most motivated to finish; probably because its the only one that's currently running haha.

Anyway the car was in dire need of a new steering rack (it was actually sketchy to drive) so I went ahead and ordered a re-manufactured unit from Detroit Axle on eBay. After several delays due to weather problems it finally arrived.

So new and clean!

I also figured I would do some energy rack bushings while I at it since the factory ones were beyond shot.

Replacing the rack is one of those things that isn't too hard but is messy and sucks a lot to do. It took me about 45 mins to wrestle the old rack out.

Small tip for anyone who is going to do this themselves: its much easier to remove and replace the rack if you take the transmission braces off the block.

Old vs. New

After getting the new rack in and doing a eyeball alignment, I took it to Nissan for my friend to align. The adjustable suspension arms allowed us to play with the ride height a bit and get all the rake dialed out.

The new ride height in the rear. We we originally had it tucking rim but tucking 17s looked kind of stupid and gave the car some reverse rake which I cant stand lol.

I also got some new red clear taillights for the car since they were stupid cheap and I wasn't a fan of the smoked lights that came with the shell.

And installed on the car (Yes, I know I need a trunk lock lol)

Random pic from when I picked up some sideskirts for a friend on one of my parts runs. I couldn't help testing them on my car lol. I usually don't like bodykits or anything that isn't oem aero on these cars, but I have to admit that they look pretty awesome.

I also started tearing down the CA18 for my two-tone and got it on the stand.

I was super happy to find that it still had the OEM clutch with plenty of meat on it.

I still need to do the 60K service before I can reassemble everything and drop it in the car.

That's about all for now. Expect some big updates on all of my cars in the near future when the weather warms up a bit. I always suffer from serious lack of motivation when its cold haha.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote