View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
MikeFullBoost

Trader Rating: (0)
MikeFullBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
You'd need to start looking down south, like NC and TN down south if you want something rust free.

Second, what's your budget? That will dictate what year chassis, how much mod you could expect to have, etc.

Personally, I looked for a cheap S14 chassis and found one all the way down the NC/SC border for $2500. It was stock with some minor bolt on, no rust but the had a pretty big dent in the rear quarter panel. Shocks were blown and engine had low compression but it was good enough to drive it. Didnt really matter to me since I had a full suspension setup to install and had an RB swap to put into it.
I don't have a problem traveling, my stepfather has a mega cab diesel and a open or enclosed car trailer. Half my battle is trying to get people to send me pics of car in its CURRENT condition. It's like pulling teeth in my last few cases. I don't mind traveling but I don't wanna drive 10 hours to show up to a shit wagon. I get pictures from people and they are like oh yeah this is when I had the car painted 2 years ago and my buddy did a shoot with it...okay...great....what's it look like now though ??

My budget is 10gs MAX. I don't see any reason why I can't find a nice clean s13 with silvia nose. with a red top or a 95 kouki converted with a KA-t or SR swap within in that range either. I know the deals are out there but I feel like everyone is also "drift tax" to the price tags as well. I don't mind paying the big bucks as long as its a quality clean build. Hell, I over paid for my Subaru when I got it. Book was 19 and car was 21 had to make up difference myself but it was exactly what I wanted. It was black, 39k miles, moon roof, one adult owner, stock, no accidents etc etc.

Most of what I seem to find local are half assed projects skid cars with welded rears. I'm not looking to get out there in streets like some sort of drift king. I just want a nice cruiser with a bit of boost to get me from A to B and hit up the local cruise nights with.

I also don't want to build it myself, the Subaru needs to be built now since I lost cylinder 1 and with everything else going on its going to take some time and will not be ready for the season. So that's why I am looking for a nice descent 240.

I mean if I am off my rocker here please let me knows, I don't think I'm that far off price range from what I have been searching in classifieds and seeing.

Mike
MikeFullBoost is offline   Reply With Quote