View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Tzkaxismain

Trader Rating: (0)
Tzkaxismain is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 ka24e electrical power loss

so I've been having this problem lately where my car randomly loses all power and runs like complete crap. Ill explain in greater detail....

Tonight for example, I killed my battery tonight because we had to do a slave cylinder fix on a buddy of mines 240. I had the car running so the battery wouldn't die but at a idle it overheats in about 10 mins or driving at slow speeds to long. That im not concerned about too much but still a problem. Back to the subject at hand... so the battery is dead we jumpstart it and it runs fine, the lights are bright in the car and it runs fine, (other than the bogging out between 2 to 3 grand, that's a problem too lol) so im thinking cool and I flip the switch to my fans and than all of a sudden when I slow down my lights go dim and I get a hella power loss so bad that I cant accelerate in any gear and it boggs out real bad too. That's the part im confused about. I have some ghetto rigging done to the power wire ie the black terminal connected to the power terminal was broken when I got the car and the wires were all corroded so I fixed them. I assume I have a bad ground to the battery but I have no clue. Like I said it does it only when the battery is dead and after a while it will run fine if I don't turn on the fans and the head unit is turned off.
Tzkaxismain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links