View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #23
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Thanks man.

Not many pics but figured i'd update where I'm at.

Well she's all street legal! Amazing really, only had to raise it 15mm at the back and 20mm at the front and replace a few bulbs. Have a intermitent connection on one of the rear bulbs but otherwise it's pretty good! Celebrated by linking up a couple of corners on my way home (drive them every day in the daily, always wanted to hit them in the S13).

Drove it down to our national gourmet burger franchise Burgerfuel, (who sponsor my mates girlfriend with her time attack Evo) then to work yesterday and then to the gym. Apart from the iminent sound of disaster coming from the halfshafts it's so easy to drive.

Back up to my mates shed this weekend to lower it back down, fab up the new front pipe (will grab pics) and do a gearbox oil change while it's on the hoist. FK bumper and sides are with a mate getting sprayed too. Also on the lookout for bonnet pins as i want to take it for decent trips now and i don't trust the latch that's just bogged into the fibreglass bonnet. Also looking into doing a blue window tint (Suntek 50%) on this and the daily Laurel. Hoping for something like this:

The Laurel will be the next to receive some love. Have sideskirts and rear lip from a M34 Stagea at a mates that we measured and will fit. Also have a set of cheap 18x8 and 9 VIP style wheels that just need the last of the spray paint removed and a good polish. Also hunting out some cheap chinese adjustable rear camber arms to reduce the -4deg it runs due to the super low 5zigen lowering springs and s14 shocks in the rear with standard camber arms. Finally, plan is to bring in a FRP front lip and roof wing in from Japan in the next container from Ewan for it and get them colour matched and fitted along with the sideskirts and rear lip. Hope to have that all done by the end of summer here.

On a more practical side, i'm investigating how hard it will be to fit a 12V air compressor and air tank in the boot of the Laurel, with the idea to run an impact gun off it for wheel changes and be able to pump up tyre pressures at the track. Will tighten and break the nuts by hand, just using the impact gun to speed up the winding with the long wheel studs. Looks like i'll need a beefy compressor, something that can flow at least 5cfm for the gun so the ARB twin cylinder heavy duty setup seems to be the best option. The Laurel has the fuel tank in between the strut towers, leaving a 1.2m x .3m x .25m cavity above it in the boot, perfect for an air tank. The reason for going for compressed air instead of a 18v cordless impact gun is that i have a compressor at home so can reuse the impact gun and hose on that.

Will update with pics of the front pipe and proper ride height after this weekend.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote