View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #343
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
so after about a month and a half of trying to diagnose and figure out whats wrong with this car for hours i bit the bullet, listened to a buddy of mine and loaded the car up to get finished off at tarmac spl in farmingdale long island. i have nothing but awesome things to say about them. theyre honest and actually give a shit about what they do, and how they go about it with a fair price. a few epic zilvia builds have come out of this garage.

it was good to be away from the car for a few weeks. i got all loose ends tied up such as bleeding my brakes, string alignment, slotting my coilovers, battery relocation kit with a distribution box. got my lower harness cleaned up.. my sketchy dash harness, new grounds relocated, a grounding kit, brackets made to fix my bumper from drooping and the culprit of my problems..

..drumroll..

injector resistors -_-

i had this bulky ass tape wrapped around my pigtails for my injectors and assumed they were in there (because it was top feed) but like i said. always something stupid. so martin from rs enthalpy suggested using a honda resistor box off a prelude. got it wired up into my harness and got my auto to manual starter jumping thing derigged. needless to say the car came back perfect and ran awesome.

victory pizza hut slices

and then i drove on the belt parkway coming home. 95% of the epic zilvia low cars couldnt even drive in new york in their wildest dreams. as much as id love to be lower i have to be tolerant and know that im actually gonna use the car and not gonna be a driveway instagram selfie build (no offense)

2 hours later got home and wanted to kill myself but fixed some dumb stuff

and heres where things get really screwed up.

i brought my car to this place on staten island called all tire which has an in car ground alignment and always recommend people to bring their cars since i never had a problem but thats just my luck. i get the car to get dialed out and i get the car back worse then what it was. so annoyed and confused i check everything. eye ball the car and it drives awesome. i bring it to get dialed out, once again.. my whole front end feels like the car feels like a puppet and the steering wheels the puppeteer. long story short... it wounds up being my flcas are loose from the cross member. tightened it..

eyeballed it.. brought it back AGAIN, with the 3rd complaint how i paid 140 for this and its not right.. the guy was super cool and nice.. got it dialed out, much better this time till im on the highway. NOW much driver side is shaking. scope around and my outer tie rod is is hanging on my knuckle by 3 fucking threads. i was livid. would never ever refer to them ever ever again. i got the car home, my crossmember was loose.. coulda tighten my rear subframe with a rachet.. just super disapointed in what went on.

re did the string alignment with mr chris cheezer and couldnt be happier. the i can honestly feel where i spent my money on spl products, all the reinforcements and welding that went on this winter. def owe a big portion of this build to this guy.

gonna update more tomorrow with more positive fun stuff lol
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote