View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
insurance total loss BS

To make a long story short, lady backed into my car while i was parked causing minor fender bender damage to the front. She took full responsibility and now i'm working with her insurance agent.

The adjuster said the damage came up to be $1950.00 for basically a fender and a bumper which is 90% threshold of what the car is worth.

My car: Base model two tone coupe 1989, and now they want to salvage it out and i really dont want a salvage title for a few hundred $ of damage. My car is worth a lot more than 2500 but they just will not listen, i tried everything but they refuse to budge on the value. If i try hard i can dig up about 1500 worth of receipts, the rest i paid cash for. They want to give me $2,000 and a salvage title.

My question, what can i do in this situation? Anyway i can keep my car a clean title? How can i prove that my car is worth more than whatever they are pricing it as? Her insurance carrier is nationwide i believe. They obviously dont know the market for these cars and i would hate to have a salvage title for some tiny damage. Pictures of damage later, but here is what my car looks like: