View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
SimonW

Trader Rating: (0)
SimonW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekanuble View Post
Hi guys,

Before you say anything, I have used the search button and tried to find a thread that talked about RHD to LHD conversions.
I only found threads about people wanting to do the opposite...lol

SO! I live in Quebec, and here vehicles 25 years or more are allowed to be driven RHD ( I sent an email to the SAAQ, the people responsible for those laws, if you want I can keep you up to date ).
subsequently, I'm not allowed to import a sick ass silvia, or a mark 2 with a 1jz, or a fairlady twin turbo (jizz) or a 180sx.
It's got me contemplating buying a civic type R guys, I've reached rock bottom.

I wanted to know if those conversions were possible, if it was legal, if I could do it myself ( I'm doing my mechanics trade in september and will be looking to purchase the car around spring, I just need to save up some cash... and go to mexico before that... yeah it's cold up here, fuck yall)

Because, with shipping a car would cost me around 4-5k. Which is much more affordable than those bitch ass selling these ghetto ass, filthy 240sx with human slime in it.

HELP ME OUT. ( I thought about buying the 240sx and converting it... not interested in that, 240sx here cost too much, even scrapped)
I know this might seem weird as fuck, but I'm considering (r&d stage) doing the same thing and I was wondering if you could forward me that email possibly that you received from the SAAQ or at least their email so that I can do the same. Thanks!