View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #30
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
so I had a few days off and got back to work on the car. l went for a little test drive around the block and backed out of the garage.... All the sudden the car was running on one rotor.. then both kicked back on and then one again....then the car died. Started the car again and it started on one rotor then died. EGT's were normal and there was no backfiring. Had to push the car back to the house..and into the garage.. Major pain.

well 4 hours later.. Still wouldn't start. Figured it might be my FPR going out. after all this one was 5 years old. Pulled it apart..and it looked brand new inside...
Only thing i could think of was that some of the insulation from the Fire sleeve got into the fuel lines and was possibly clogging an injector etc.. Tested all injectors..all getting 12 V..and waveform's all looked regular. Ignition checked out.... So I pulled the plugs. They looked normal...so I figured maybe they just fouled out? I wasnt sure so I replaced them. Same crap..thought I might've messed up my plug wire order... nahh all checked out. SO I was stumped. Took a break..talked to a couple friends.. decided to open up the fuel tank to check if the lines might've sprung a leak? the fuel pressure was a little low.. So I pulled my Pump assembly out and......
hi my name is idiot..

My fuel level sensor was broken.. I have a new one but didn't install it yet. And when I put gas in I only put 5 gallons haha..so that was that. Put gas in it and she fired right up, no problems. I guess sometimes we all do stupid stuff..this one just happened to put me in a horrible mood for 2 days hah. Anyways..

While I had the UIM off I wired in the Triumph Fast acting Air Intake Sensor pig tail..and calibrated the Actual sensor in Ice water before installation.

Heres the location. I guess I could've chosen a better location but It works pretty good where it is from what I could see on the adaptronic live screen display. Had to put a washer and a half to ensure the sensor wouldn't leak because it was on a bend but i'm pretty confident theres no leak.

Plugged in..works great, on to the next. Which is where i'm at today. After work i'll be driving over to the fab shop to get the lower radiator mounts beefed up a bit. Hopefully finishing up my exhaust, Front Bash bar and then the car should be pretty much ready for tune. More updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote