View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #66
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSicSilvia View Post
It amazes me how many people talk shit about plastidip when they are feeding false info about it, and just bandwagoning "reasons" why not too do it. I'm sure a few people gibbering on about how "bad" it will look are driving spray bombed turds or multi colored shit anyways. Facts are, YES it can look good, they have a vast selection of colors to choose from now, and when not purchased in spray cans, it is pre thinned to be sprayed via the gallons. It lays down flat like paint does. When sprayed that way via 5-6 coats you get a VERY durable shell on the car that can be removed without hassle. The Glossifier works pretty damn good. Gives the dip a pretty good gloss coat that looks great. The point of this stuff is to Avoid destroying good paint if you have good paint still. Yes it WILL save your good paint. It is also a relatively cheap alternative to booth painting with good paint. No I dont want to hear about how "awesome" your outside of a booth paint job is. Your orange peel would disagree. The other plus to Dipping is NO SANDING and dick for prep work / dry time / cleanup. I'm a body guy, and Yes this stuff is pretty damn nice for the price vs painting. And I get bored of colors fast, so It's a good alternative. I say do what you want man. Dont like it?, peel it off. Good luck doing that with paint lol.

P.S. Painting your car is just following the crowd too. SMH... Theres a trend for EVERY direction in this scene. Even dick riding a style. Fuck.
If it was so good it would have replaced traditional auto paint by now, but it is not that great, and hasn't, and won't.

Also with the way this scene is going, painting your car the right way is standing out from the crowd and going a different route not often traveled, with all the multi colored and rattle canned cars out there. So your last argument is pretty weak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote