View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #5188
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Well it looks like you got your measurements right, the front looks like it fits well! You'll probably want to add some sort of blocking spacer into that gap between the bumper and duct, it'll aid it's efficiency.

I'd say the only thing that's missing from your setup is impact resistance, but it's difficult to build into the car if the chassis (forward of the firewall) isn't reinforced, so maybe that's an idea to mess around with later.
Thanks. I will take that into consideration. As far as impact resistance, I thought about it but wasn't sure how to tackle it. I'm currently trying to decide how I want to tie the towers into the firewall. I think I first need to read thru the rule books to see for myself exactly how it needs to be done. It seems just some reinforcing plates on the towers and firewall with whatever sized diameter pipng and wall thickness is required, should do the trick tho. This is just an overall just testing the waters in the shallow end of the "fabrication ocean". A real fabricator could probably do all this and make it weigh a lot less.