View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1521
RaNMaN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
RaNMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aled View Post
I will be deleting the IAC-V on my 1JZ, but I have an adapted AEM EMS as my ECU and not the stock unit. I will also be deleting the PCV valve and welding -10 AN bungs into the valve covers and running them directly to a catch-can.

Any tuning guru's know if I need to make any tuning map adjustments once this is done? I am trying my crack at the installation of an aftermarket 1JZ intake manifold.

The engine is on MAP sensor. I will also be adding an AIT sensor in conjunction with my AEM boost solenoid and wideband.
you won't need to make any major changes to the map, the only area it would have any noticeable affect on would be at idle and even that would be very minimal. you should be fine keeping the rest of your map the same.

if you are going to remove the iacv then you might want to open the throttle plate using the adjustment screw just a little bit in order to have the car idle better when cold. the trade-off of doing this is that it might idle a little bit high when warm.

or you could not adjust anything but then you might have to hold the throttle down just a little bit when its cold. you'll need to hold it open just a smidge for about 30-60 seconds until it is warm enough to hold at idle on its own.

really either way is fine, a good tuner can get it to work well without the iacv when warm or cold.
RaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote