View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #1502
RaNMaN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
RaNMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phonso View Post
wtf lol. Are you saying the gear part is of the r154 sensor mated to the top half of a s14 sensor? That is awesome but at the same time saddening as I will still need a dakota box converter
yup, that's right. i guess they can plug into each other on the end cap but don't exactly sit flush which is why the heater hose piece was in the middle. it is pretty awesome that it worked so well but at the same time i like to do things once and do them the right way and this was definitely not the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVR4 View Post
All of the GPS based speed senders I've seen are $200. (dakota, autometer, etc..)

Then there's this: JEGS Performance Products 41612 JEGS New Digital Gauge Panels

I swear I read somewhere our speedo accepts 16000ppm?
thanks for that. i think i've seen 16000ppm somewhere as well. i want to check out some reviews of the GPS speed sensors before buying one. i looked it up and would be ok with just using the dakota digital box, and that way the signal won't drop on me or do anything weird for any reason. i also want to enable anti-lag launch control on the Haltech and make it turn off above a certain speed so i'll have to account for the speed signal reaching the ecu as well. i'll do some more research and report back.
RaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote