View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #114
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Not letting mentally unstable people drive cars actually isn't a bad idea. That would prevent a lot of alcoholics from getting drivers licenses. Those who drive without a license and get caught can get locked up. I got an A in stats btw lol. And if you think gang members are mentally stable you get an F in mental health. It's not foolish. It's actually really easy to implement. Just require a mental health check moving forward. And require all registered gun owners to get checked as well.

But it's obvious there are a lot of people on here who do not agree with me and to those of you I say: "I respect your opinion, so please respect mine."
I do respect your opinion, this is good discussion without any pissing

Now back to the car thing. The mental health thing isn't going to premptively stop car accidents, this isn't gonna be some 'Minority Report' thing, it will be fought all the way through. The same will go for firearms.

I think gang bangers could easily pass as 'mentally healthy'. Their lives are dictated by the society they live in and what they do is rewarded by others they look up to, just like my boss rewarding me for getting those damn TPS reports in on time. We are, however, digressing.