View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #85
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post

What is the issue with those things? I do not see why there would be a revolt? filling out some forms to much for you idiots?

I'll spell this out for you since you seem to know everything related to firearms.

I have my concealed carry permit, this means I have taken the courses required, applied with the state, the state has performed a background, checked my mental health records thru ANY physician I have ever went to, this includes surgical consults, physicals, etc. Having my conealment means I can walk into any gun store, pawn shop, gun show, or sporting goods store and walk out with any (legally obtainable) firearm I want in the state of North Carolina. I deserve that trust that the state has entrusted me with. I am not a felon. I am not a sex offender and I appreciate being treated as a law abiding citizen. I had the forethought to obtain my conealment for my protection, the protection of my family. But there are others who don't.

Take a woman that finds out her husband has been cheating on her, she files for divorce, and then he begins to make threats against her or their children. (don't say this doesn't happen, because it does frequently) The woman in this situation hasn't had the forethought to obtain her concealment permit, by law she can not purchase a pistol for her protection without a wait period. She can purchase a shotgun or rifle without a wait period ( in the state of NC at least). Now you tell me which one fits in a purse? A pistol or a rifle? The typical waiting period for a concealment permit after filing for it is 90 days.

You're move.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 01-29-2013 at 08:48 AM..
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote