Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #84
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok... for real, last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
He said violence not gun crimes. You failed because you replied with gun crimes not violent crimes.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

Well, no. I replied with an article that cited the police chief of Scottland (or whatever) saying the most pressing violent crime they are dealing with is knife crime... Id rather face a knife then a gun. I think I have a better chance of living there.

FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

Hmm... we have more guns, yet we have more crime and oh noo... more homicide.

Quote:
But among advanced countries, the U.S. homicide rate stands out. “We seem to be an average country in terms of violence and aggression,” says Harvard’s Hemenway. “What we have is huge homicide rates compared to anybody else.”
Here are better statistics about crime rates NationMaster - Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States

Take a look at the Rape column. In the United states nearly 54% of rapes go unreported. Reporting Rates | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

So even these statistics are skewed. But hey, we have the most guns and looky looky the most crime. Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

Anything else I am missing here?
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote