View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #125
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

So I finally got everything mechanical solid enough to say that I'm about 99% done as far as motor parts go. I pretty much have all parts necessary for start up.

So it's was time to pull the motor and re-install my Exedy twin disc pressure plate. The wedge clip and ring were bad....bent or something and they wouldn't hold. Everytime the clutch was pushed in it would just pop out. So I got a new one off a forum member and installed it.

Pulling the motor

Pressure Plate off

Old wedge clip and ring vs New one

ANd I forgot to take pics of it back on...but whatever..it looks the same..but now it holds =-)

So since the motor is out I decided it would be time to paint the engine bay. Now i'm really struggling with color choice. I could go with matt black...which is really boring..but it'll be clean. Or I could go with gloss black..but ...it would still be kinda plain. Either way I'm going to be doing it myself. I don't have a paint gun or anything so i'm just going to be using high quality ceramic paint. And after seeing how well the paint on my sub-frame and suspension arms has held up against grease..power steering fluid, and brake cleaner...i've decided to use the same high quality spray can stuff over self etching primer. Hopefully it comes out good.

Brake cleaned engine bay. Going to give it the one over with simple green then get to masking it all off.

Stay tuned!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote