View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
PJSil-Fourty

Trader Rating: (0)
PJSil-Fourty is an unknown quantity at this point
KA KA24E intermittent start

I bought a 1990 240sx drift missile.... Kinda regretting it, but 1000 for a straight chassis is nothing to scoff at. Anyways, I have this problem with the car not starting. It isn't a dead battery, was tested at oreilly's and voltages were all good. The car starts fine normally, but sometimes it won't do anything. No crank, just a click, or sometimes not even that. My only fix for this is to put the car in gear with the clutch down and roll it a bit and drop the clutch. I don't have to be moving fast, just fast enough to jossel things a bit. After I do this (Which might take a a few tries) the car will start up like nothing happened. I have tried to find threads of things like this happening in other threads, but they usually have starter issues. Electronics in the car work just fine, except for a few lights that don't light up.

Any ideas what this could be? Any suggestions on what to check? I am totally stumped.

5-speed hatch with a welded dif btw

Edit: I finally figured out how to find my previous thread, someone in there mentioned the starter, the more I think about it the more I suppose this could be the case, its just odd that it works after I drop the clutch because that doesn't do much to the solenoid I wouldn't think.

Last edited by PJSil-Fourty; 01-27-2013 at 07:06 PM..
PJSil-Fourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links