Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #726
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEducation View Post
I numbered your statements to answer them briefly

1. It's much easier to combat a different form of weapon that isn't a gun. Other weapons (not including explosives), generally require more skill/stealth. I.E You can't stab someone from 10ft away. But we will never have data to prove/disprove this unless studies were to be done in US cities that have banned guns because our culture is drastically different from the rest of the world.

2. I don't see how there can be any statistical data on this subject. There's so much BS circulating the web about the whole incident anyway, do we even really know what happened? But again, without a gun it would've taken a lot more work to carry out the same awful slayings that were reported in the school massacre. If he had had a knife instead could he have been stopped more easily?

3. If you're going to argue against gun control with this as one of your arguments... Well good luck to you sir

4. How are you going to ban guns that are illegally owned anyway? This deals with a whole different issue that is another lost cause (The War on Drugs). Black Market profits from drugs enable "thugs" to be able to afford Black Market prices on firearms. So if we legalized drugs across the board, it would solve everything, right?

5. So maybe we should just discharge Detroit too, huh? And LA and Chicago. Better yet, just have the federal government allow secession and disband the whole fucking union. Fuck the Civil War, fuck America, fuck it all.

All that being said, I'm a firearm owner and reserve my right to own them. Our society is so fucked anyway I don't think it really matters what happens anymore. Just some food for thought.

1. I disagree. Gun Controllers want to push this notion that it's some how significantly harder to kill someone without a legally owned gun.You would just need to be more creative. Bats, axes, shovels and poisons all work wonderfully. If you know the victim, their screwed.

2. You assume he would have carried out his mass killing with a knife?

This was a rental truck and some fertilizer.

This was some pipes, ball-bearings and gun powder - 14 people killed, dozen+ wounded.

3. It's a legit argument. Only 25% of gun crime is committed by the legal owner. 16-25% are stolen firearms, 56% are borrowed or straw-buyer firearms. I suspect those 25% are crimes of passion primarily. Murder is Murder. You can take away the best tool, but is someone wants you dead, their still going to kill you.

4. I'm all for legalizing drugs. However that won't solve crime in American. People will still mug, rob, steal, beat, attack, and ect.

5. My point is - it's already illegal to own a gun in Peuto Rico and DC. While most states average 4 murders per 100,000, some even under 1 per 100,000. DC and PR are both in the mid 20's. Hell DC even broke into the 30's a few years ago. Luckily, no numbers have been released since Obama took office.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote